Monday, April 1, 2013

Planning a Trip

I am in the process of planning our first trip to Hawaii.  I started by asking friends where they went, where they stayed, what they ate. I got a lot of good tips and suggestions regarding Maui and Kauai.  I then use a combination of Trip Advisor and deal sites to locate good deals.

In regards to Hawaii, I have heard good things about using Hawaii Revealed as planning tools.

I have also heard good things about Frommer's Travel Guides.

I spent more time than I'd like to mention pouring over books at B&N. In the end I decided on Frommer's Maui Day by Day. I liked that it had several different itineraries based on length of stay or trip type (Think romantic or with kids or adventurous).

 Some of the other books were just too overwhelming with the amount of information. We will only be there for a week, so I wanted to know the best of the best.

 Another book I like was a top 10 by Eyewitness Travel. It lists the top 10 things to do for the destination and then further breaks it down by listing the top 10 for each of those. We got the book on Greece as a present to help in planning for our honeymoon and really enjoyed it.

 As we were eating lunch at Rubio's we noticed a AAA next door with flyers on Hawaii. We spoke to an agent and got some ideas on where to stay and what to do.

 How do you go about trip planning?  

No comments:

Post a Comment