Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Poseidon Restaurant, Del Mar, California

A former co-worker from Texas came to San Diego for a course and we met halfway in Del Mar for dinner at The Poseidon Restaurant. The restaurant is directly on the beach.  I'm sure it's breathtaking at sunset.  There is a large covered patio on the beach that opens up to the main restaurant. It was quiet windy the night we went so the plastic shades were down. The inside of the restaurant had unique lighting and stone features.   There was even a fire pit inside. I wish I had taken pictures other than of just my food!

I had the Wasabi Seasame-Crusted Ahi Tuna with wasabi whipped potatoes, ginger bokchoy and lotus root chips.  The tuna was served rare and paired well with the teriyaki miso sauce. I loved the whipped potatoes, but was too timid to try the bokchoy (I'm still learning to like green food). Sam had the special, a swordfish with mashed potatoes and asparagus. We were too busy enjoying our own food to offer the other person a sample!

Besides the seafood, they also have a large selection of beef, wine, cocktails, etc. I had a Sparkling Clementine which is made of Clementine Vodka, orange juice and champagne.  Basically, a fancy mimosa.  It was good!

I would like to go back during the day or during sunset in order to enjoy the view.  Let me know if you've been or plan to go to The Poseidon.



No comments:

Post a Comment