Sunday, August 4, 2013

Summer and Fall Travel Plans

We have a lot going on this summer.  Okay, so it's August.  Most of you are thinking, "summer is over."  Not here in Southern California.  The weather is just starting to be cheery enough for me to think it's summer and not spring.

Already this spring and summer we went to Hawaii for a week and to Las Vegas for several days. Check the labels to search for information on these two trips.

Next up on the list:

1) My sister and brother-in-law visit next week.  Okay, so we aren't traveling anywhere, but we will be exploring some new things with my family.  We will be going to Universal Studios for the first time for instance and taking them to local restaurants and beaches.

2) San Francisco at the end of August.  I am so excited to revisit Fisherman's Wharf, Ghirardelli Square, and Market Street.  We are going to eat dungeness crab and bike over The Golden Gate Bridge.  We didn't have time to eat crabs on our last trip to San Francisco, so I am looking forward to chowing down this trip.  On one of our last visits we biked from San Francisco to Sausalito.  The numerous vistas of The Golden Gate Bridge were stunning. I can not wait to do this again!  I highly suggest you do this trip on your next visit to San Francisco.  Rent a bike from one of numerous places around Fisherman's Wharf, then bike one way to Sausalito and take the ferry the other way.  Something new to explore: Alcatraz.  I have been to San Francisco three times, but never made it a priority to take a tour of Alcatraz.  I have since heard from multiple friends that it is a great tour. Sam and I are both looking forward to exploring the old prison.

3) At the end of September we are going on our first cruise- to Alaska!  It leaves from Seattle, Washington, goes to 3 ports in Alaska and ends in Canada.  I am so excited for this trip.  I have never been to Alaska, Washington state or Canada.  So many places to check off my travel list in one trip!  I really need to sit down and research what to do (and what to eat!) in all these places.

4) In October, we will be visiting Palm Springs for the first time. I have been told there isn't much to do in the area, but I'm okay with that. I am looking forward to relaxing at the pool and spa.

5) We visit family in Virginia in November.

6) In January, we revisit Palm Springs with Sam's family.

Next spring, we are hoping to plan a trip to Yosemite.

Any ideas on what to do on these upcoming trips?

No comments:

Post a Comment