Friday, January 4, 2013

Sushi Taisho, Carlsbad, CA

Earlier this week my husband and I went out for sushi.  We looked around for specials and noted a place close by had a happy hour so we thought we would check it out.

Sushi Taisho is located in Carlsbad Village.  It is a small restaurant with a sushi bar and maybe half a dozen tables.  They have happy hour from 3 to 6 pm daily which includes 50% off sushi as well as beer, sake and appetizer specials.

The first thing I noticed about the restaurant was the smell.  It smells funky. It smells like the dirty floors or drains at the deli I worked at in college.  If you can get over the smell (I didn't until the food arrived) then you will enjoy your meal here.

We ordered the Spicy Tuna Roll, Crunchy Roll (tempura shrimp, krab, avocado, cucumber with crunchies and eel sauce on top), Umi Roll (tempura shrimp and cucumber with avocado and tuna on top), and the Paradise Roll (shrimp and spicy tuna inside with avocado and eel sauce on top). We enjoyed everything and it was definitely too much food for the two of us, but we managed to pack it all away anyway.  The sizes of the rolls were good and there was a nice variety of sauces and flavors in the rolls we choose.  Our favorites were the Crunchy Roll and the Paradise Roll.  With taxes and tip, this meal ended up under $35.

I look forward to going back to try more.  During happy hour.  I don't think it would be worth it to pay full price.

I just hope they get rid of that funky smell. . .




No comments:

Post a Comment