Monday, February 11, 2013

Marley Lilly Monogrammed Weekend Bag

I have been casually looking for a weekend bag for a while now.  I hate lugging a rolling suitcase around for a short weekend holiday. I have a few totes, but they aren't very visually appealing, nor are they durable.

Thanks to Pinterest I found a cute monogrammed bag from Marley Lilly.

I would have loved the navy bag, but it wasn't available, so I went with olive as the least abrasive color option. I love that it has a detachable shoulder strap in addition to the handles. The leather detail is a nice touch.  As a Virginian who has some time with some southern belles in South Carolina, I also approve of the monogram.  I choose chocolate thread for my initials.

Speaking of monograms.  What style do you prefer?  I like script, but nothing so curly that you can't read it.  That kinda defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

I was surprised to note that Marley Lilly is based out of Greenville, SC.  I lived there for two years after finishing grad school and was well versed in monograms by the time I left. You really can't live in South Carolina without embracing monograms.

Will try to post pictures once my bag arrives!

If you like monograms, definitely check out Marley Lilly.  They have cell phone cases, koosies, clothing, towels, glasses, bags and so much more.  I think my next purchase may have to be one of their cute tanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment