Monday, May 6, 2013

Hula Grill, Maui, Hawaii

The Hula Grill is located in Whalers Village on the beach front. There are two dinning options, the dining room or the Barefoot Bar located on the beach. The Barefoot Bar has a better view and more wallet friendly prices.

We ate at the Barefoot Bar on our first visit to Hula Grill. Sam had a Long board and I enjoyed a Hana Hou. The Hana You is an iced tea type drink. It was so tasty that I didn't realize how much alcohol was in it until I was near the bottom of the glass. Be careful!

Sam had the burger and added bacon and blue cheese for $4. The burger was huge and came with a side of tasty fries (I of course had to try a few of those!).

I had the fish tacos which were accompanied with a side of chips and salsa. The chips were fresh and the salsa was slightly spicy, though not overly so. The fish was grilled not fried. There was some cabbage on the taco, but it was not over the top as seems to be the usual in SoCal. A good heaping of guac was also on the taco as well as a little sauce. I'm not sure what kind of sauce it was, but again it was just the right amount. Too often I find my tacos drenched in sauce that runs down my elbows. Thankfully this is not the case at Hula Grill.

We are looking forward to going back to Hula Grill. They have a happy hour from 3-5 that we would like to try out. There are a number of items on the pupu (appetizer) list that we would like to try (crab wontons, sashimi, calamari).

The sunset from the Barefoot Bar should be fantastic. If this rain let's up then we will be back again soon to see for ourselves.

No pictures this go round as we had a lunch date sans phones.

No comments:

Post a Comment