Wednesday, June 12, 2013

SoCal excursions

The longer I live in SoCal, the more I wonder 1) why I would ever leave and 2) how can I afford to stay.

California is so much larger than the East Coast states with which I am familiar.

I have spent the last month or so moving to San Clemente, CA and exploring the local area. I am trying to spend more time exploring and less time on the computer.  Thus, my lack of posting.

Check back soon for reviews on Maui, Seersucker in San Diego, the San Diego Zoo, and another review on Disney and California Adventure.

In the meantime, here are some updated travel/exploring lists:

SoCal Must Do List:

Burlap in Del Mar and Herringbone in La Jolla: Part of Chef Brian Malarkey's Fabric of Social Dinning, LLC.
Explore Dana Point
Tour the Missions
Santa Barbara
Palm Springs
Joshua Tree
Catalina Island
Revisit Santa Monica
Revisit The San Diego Zoo (especially the new Koalafornication exhibit)
Revisit The San Diego Zoo Safari Park
Revisit Temecula

West Coast Must Do List:

Seattle, WA
Portland, OR
Hiking in both Oregon and Washington state
Yosemite
Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, & Glacier and Banff
Phoenix, AZ (okay so this is Southwest, but we can drive there so I'm including it)
Mammoth for snowboarding
Tahoe
Sequoia National Park
San Francisco, CA

Other Trips on our Wish List:
Alaska and Canada-scheduled for this September!
Cabo
Europe: The UK, Italy, Austria, Germany, Spain...the list goes on and on

Did I mention I want to see all these places in the next 1-2 years?

Where do you want to go?  Have you visited any of the places on my lists? Any tips?





No comments:

Post a Comment