Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Cabo Cantina, Newport Beach, CA

Yesterday we ended up at Newport Beach near the pier for a late lunch. We choose Cabo Cantina in hopes of getting a spot with a view and a margarita. It was pretty happening when we arrived shortly after 3pm.

We ended up with a table by the bar sans a view. On Mondays, if you order a margarita as big as your head you get a free bean and cheese burrito. The burrito was large (though not as big as the margarita) and we split that along with chips, salsa and some guac.

The queso was okay. Well. Because its queso. However, still not the liquid, white queso from The East Coast for which we are still aimlessly hunting. The guac was also good, though not great. My husband enjoyed the salsa. I thought it was okay. It was watery (which I like) and of the roasted red pepper variety. I don't dig my salsa tasting like roasted peppers or chile's or whatever, but Sam doesn't mind.

Oh. Did I tell you we loved the margarita as big as my head? We split it and I'm glad we did. Not only did it pack a punch, but Sam ordered it frozen and it began to melt quickly. I'd like to try one on the rocks next time.

Our bill was around $25 which means the margarita was close to $20. Not sure I would have been thrilled with this if we hadn't gotten the free burrito. Otherwise we enjoyed our time at Cabo Cantina (with the exception of the bathroom which was disgusting).

I would go back again, particularly during happy hour. We arrived before happy hour, but the deals looked pretty decent.

No comments:

Post a Comment