Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Potato Shack, Encinitas, CA

I first heard about The Potato Shack from a running magazine. There was an article on post run pancakes. As a runner and avid pancake lover, I was floored that there was such a thing as "post run pancakes" and I was unaware. How could I not know about this?

There are plenty of potato options on the menu including fries, hash, and baked potatoes to name a few. I have yet to try them.

I'm all about the man hole cover pancakes. We get one with chocolate chips. It is huge in diameter and very thick with just the right amount of chocolately goodness in each bite. Come hungry or bring a friend to help you eat it all.

Today, Sam's eyes were bigger than his stomach. In addition to this huge pancake he ordered not one, but TWO orders of french toast. I was appalled at the amount of food when it arrived, however tucked in and went to work. The french toast was easily the best or second best I have ever had.

If you are in the area, do not miss out on the food here!

No comments:

Post a Comment