Friday, March 14, 2014

Seattle, Washington

Here is a look at our trip to Seattle last fall told by a few pictures. 

Top Pot Doughnuts: A must when in the area. I am a huge Krispy Kreme fan and am still on the fence as to which doughnut  I prefer. I guess I will just have to go back to do more "research!"

Freemont Troll: It was a lot of fun to find this big guy. Everyone takes turns taking pictures with the troll. Depending on what time of day you go, you will probably find someone there to snap a photo of you. We were able to find a rock to (re) take photos on our own (the girl whom offered to take ours didn't actually press the button hard enough to capture a picture). While you are in the area- go get some chocolate from the Theo Factory (the tour is amazing and I was SO excited to see their chocolate at local grocery stores here in SoCal)! 

Gas Works Park: This is a nice green space for walking, running, picnicing, etc. You can see the Seattle skyline from here, so get your cameras ready!

The Space Needle: You can not go to Seattle and not take a photo of The Space Needle. I think it's a rule or something. I believe this particular shot was taken near The Museum of History and Industry (definitely worth a visit!) and The Center for Wooden Boats (we did not visit this, but a friend of ours volunteers there and loves it). 
The Athenian is over a century old! It is located in Pike's Place Market and is known for it's brief cameo in Sleepless in Seattle. I love that they have labeled the spots where Tom Hanks and Rob Reiner sat during the scene filmed here.  I have officially sat in the same spot as Tom Hanks...decades later, but still! If you are big Starbucks fan, be sure to check out the first store which is close by. 

It was pretty cloudy during our short stay in Seattle, but I did finally get to see Mount Rainier as we flew home! Spectacular! 

No comments:

Post a Comment